R Coding Basics
An Introduction to the Basics of Coding in R
This text seeks to give you an introduction to programming in R.
In a nutshell, I discuss the basics of R, covering properties of data objects, such as vectors, factors, matrices, lists, and data frames. Likewise, I describe fundamental notions of programming (e.g. functions, conditionals, iterations).
I am assuming that you have both R or RStudio installed in your computer. If this is not the case, you can take a look at Breaking the Ice with R
You can cite this work as:
Sanchez, G. (2022) An Introduction to the Basics of Coding in R. https://www.gastonsanchez.com/R-coding-basics
My Series of R Tutorials
This document is part of a series of texts that I’ve written about Programming and Data Analysis in R:
- Breaking the Ice with R: Getting Started with R and RStudio
- Tidy Hurricanes: Analyzing Tropical Storms with Tidyverse Tools
- R Coding Basics: An Introduction to the Basics of Coding in R
- Rolling Dice: Exploring Simulations in Games of Chance with R
- Web Technologies in R: A Short Introduction to Web Technologies in R
As a Data Science and Statistics educator, I love to share the work I do. Each month I spend dozens of hours curating learning materials like this resource. If you find any value and usefulness in it, please consider making a one-time donation—via paypal—in any amount (e.g. the amount you would spend inviting me a cup of coffee or any other drink). Your support really matters.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.